07 August 2008

Price Of Gas Rises To Four Expletives Per Gallon

Gasoline prices rose to a record-high four expletives per gallon Monday, a rate of fuel-price-related cursing not seen since the 1979 energy crisis sparked a nationwide obscenity boom.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/price_of_gas_rises_to_four (link is likely NSFW or young eyes)

Commentary: You know, I'd honestly rather see a Paris Hilton energy policy than watch petroleum prices skyrocket. Thankfully, local gasoline prices seem to have had the bottom pulled out from under them; they have plummeted 35 cents in the last few weeks. I remember when I started driving... but I digress. No complaints about falling prices from me, but it's a sad day when I yearn for the post-Hurricane Katrina prices of $3.39/gallon of unleaded 87.

No comments: